Holiday Medley Pasta Dish
by Pasta Gardner Serves 4-6
2 ea shallots, (minced) 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
1 ea Grateful Harvest Farm* delicata squash or butternut squash 8 oz maitake or oyster mushrooms, cut bite size
1 ea romanesco or cauliflower, 1/2’’ dice
1 ea Ferns Edge Goata* or Mt. Zion cheese, grated
12-14 oz. Pasta Gardner Lumache or Radiatore
1 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar about 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
*Names of Farms listed are suggestions, you can substitute.
1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Cut delicate in half length wise and season with salt, pepper and oil. Place cut side down on a lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a large straight sided pan sauté the mushrooms over med heat with some of the olive oil. Don’t move them to much, cook until lightly colored and tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat a good amount of the oil, about 1/4 or so. When hot add the diced romanesco and pan fry in the oil for about 5 minutes. You want a nice golden color to appear. Once it has color add the minced shallots and stir. Add a little more oil if needed. Cook over the med-high heat until the onions are cooked. Turn off the heat and add the chopped sage, stir. Finally add the vinegar and stir. Set aside this will be your base sauce. Add the mushrooms to this sauce.
4. Bring about 3 quarts of water to a boil.
5. When the delicata is cooked pull from the oven and cool until you can handle it. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the squash and add it to your base sauce.
5. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta, do not rinse it. Let it rest for 1 minute then add it to the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with cheese Buon Appetito!