I have created a quick and easy Mac & Cheese sauce for a quick dinner supper! It uses my whole grain red wheat Lumache! All the ingredients can be found at Market of Choice.
1 pkg. Pasta Gardner Lumache, Radiatore or Fusilli
1.5 tbsp butter
4 tbsp all purpose flour
2.5 cups whole milk
5 ounces MOC Tillamook cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
Optional add ins: peas, ham, truffles?!
1. Melt butter, stir in flour, cook 45 seconds over medium heat.
2. Add milk, (medium flame) whisk, cook until thickened 5-6 mins.
3. Add cheese turn the heat to low whisk until the mixture is smooth
Adjust consistence with more milk or pasta water.
4. Bring about 4-5 quarts of water to a boil. When boiling add salt.
5. Cook pasta per directions on bag.
6. Strain and let rest in colander for about 1 minute then toss in sauce.
(click on the white button to order the pasta)