It is considered good luck to eat black eyed beans and kale to ring in the new year! Here I made a delicious pasta salad with a champagne vinaigrette!
1/4 cup red onion
4-5 leaves kale
1 tbsp water or veg stock
1 cup black eyed peas
2 tbsp champagne vinegar
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
8 oz about Pasta Gardner Mia Cugina
1/4 shredded Mt. Zion Ferns Edge Goat Cheese
- In a medium size sauté pan lightly cook the red onion in a little olive oil for a few minutes over medium heat, then add the cut kale and about 1-2 tbsp water to help cook the kale down. Very little water is needed.
- Remove from the heat and cook the kale mixture down. For the beans I had to soak them a day in advance, but a can of black eyed beans will work as well. Drain about 1 cup of beans out.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil and salt it. When boiling add the pasta and check at 3-4 minutes. Drain don’t rinse and let rest, cool the pasta in the fridge.
- To make the vinaigrette in a small metal bowl with a whisk add the mustard, vinegar, a pinch of salt and slowly whisk in the oil. It should be a 3 part oil to 1 pat vinegar. Reserve.
- Assembling the dish after all the ingredients are cool. In a large bowl combine the beans, kale mixture, pasta and half the vinaigrette. Mix and taste, adjust the seasoning with salt and fresh black pepper and/or more vinaigrette.
- Serve in a bowl with grated Mt Zion. goat cheese on top. Buon Appetito! Any questions or comments please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
You can buy the pasta here: https://www.pastagardner.com/store/Organic-Durum-Mia-Cugina-p87537138